Fellowships, Scholarships & Jobs
The CM&BHC offers several options for students to be compensated while working with our team research projects. Positions are typically available for artists, designers, programmers, producers, project managers, research study coordinators, evaluation researchers, and other creative, technical and scientific specialties. Students from the School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) are encouraged to also apply for specific school and division-specific scholarships, such as the Rose Family Foundation Scholarship.
Undergraduate Research Associates Program (URAP) positions are offered through a flat fee stipend. See their website to see if you may qualify and then apply with us (instructions at the bottom).
- 1-3 positions open for 2016/2017
USC Provost Undergraduate Fellowships Program positions are offered through a flat fee stipend. You must apply through their program after applying with us (instructions at the bottom) so that we can submit a letter of recommendation.
- Applications accepted every semester based on fellowship deadlines.
Viterbi School of Engineering Undergraduate Students may participate in active research projects through their Merit Research Award. Inquire with us first (instructions at the bottom) to see if there is a fit within our projects based on your skills and interests.
- Always accepting applications / Must apply annually for the award.
Life, Natural Sciences or Engineering Undergraduate students may be eligible to apply to the Rose Hills Fellowship Application for Summer 2013. Inquire with us first (instructions at the bottom) to see if there is a fit within our projects based on your skills and interests.
- Applications accepted based on fellowship deadlines.
College of Letters, Arts and Sciences students may be eligible to apply for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fund if a project of joint interest can be coordinated with a mentor who has a faculty appointment at Dornsife. Inquire with us first ahead of deadline (instructions at the bottom) to see if there is a fit within our projects based on your skills and interests.
- Applications accepted annually (final package due May 1).
Incoming/Continuing Graduate students are encouraged to review External Fellowship requirements for funding, which may support conducting research within our center projects.
Graduate Student Research Assistantships are offered with tuition assistance and paid health benefits on a semester basis. These only available through sponsored research projects on a limited basis.
- No assistantships are available at this time.
Hourly student work is periodically offered without paid benefits for students with or without federal work study. You must be enrolled at least half-time to be paid through USC payroll.
- No hourly positions available at this time.
HOW TO APPLY/INQUIRE FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Compose an email with 2-3 short paragraphs that include: your background, interests, talents, desired projects, availability/schedule and desired length of engagement (e.g., 3 weeks, 3 months). Applications without this cover email will not be reviewed.
- Attach a CV or resume and a link to your portfolio if you are applying for a creative position.
- Provide contact information of two references.
- Email everything above to mgotsis [at ] cinema.usc.edu.